Do you want to always be ready for your workout with your complete gym essentials? No worries. Here, you will find a checklist of 10 workout essentials to keep in your gym bag to avoid forgetting anything on half of your way.
10 Workout Essentials to Keep in Your Gym Bag
Before moving further, remember packing your gym bag is all about keeping it simple and organized.
By knowing what to keep in your gym bag, you will be ready for your workout with a pre-packed gym bag and a relaxed mind. So, make sure to keep the following 10 must-haves in your gym bag and left the confusion behind.
First and foremost, make sure to have the right gym that fits your needs and demands. A good gym bag has to be spacious enough to lug all of your gym essentials and be compact enough to be easily carried on public transportation or by foot.
Moreover, consider the features like:
- Separate wet and dry compartments for carrying your stinky shoes, sweaty clothes, and wet towels, separately.
- Look for adjustable and comfy shoulder straps for easy toting around.
- Go for washable and breathable gym bags.
- Opt for waterproof gym bags.
Check Also: Small Gym Bags with Shoe Compartment Under $50
There is nothing more annoying than forgetting your fresh top or an extra pair of socks!
Thus, some general must have gym-clothing are:
- Fresh top
- Clean undergarments
- Gym socks
- Headwears like a headband, hair tie or clip, a cap, etc
You can add some activity-specific workout clothing depending on your activity. For example, you must pack a swimsuit, swim cap, and goggles for swimming workouts.
Just like the gym attire, you should pack all-purpose athletic shoes for general workouts. However, you required different shoes for different workouts like weightlifting, cross-training, spinning classes, yoga, indoor rock climbing, indoor running, and swimming.
We highly recommend packing a pair of flip-flops for personal hygiene and to avoid wearing sudden slips in your gym showers.
Quick Drying Towel
Having your own towel is not only good for personal hygiene but also counted in good manners. You can keep others safe from your workout moisture that is left behind on the equipment after your workout.
You can save space in your gym bag by getting clean towels from most of the gyms as their members. However, some people like me opt for bringing their own towels. You can also take an extra small towel and antibacterial spray or sanitizer to clean equipment for extra safety.
If you are going for using your own, prefer microfiber towels. As they are super absorbent, compact, and dry quickly.
Keep the following basic gym toiletries for personal hygiene:
- Nothing is more soothing than a lightly scented head-to-toe body wash for a quick post-workout shower.
- If can’t go for a shower, pack a dry shampoo for quick-absorbing excess oils and sweat from your hair.
- A light body and face moisturizer.
- A 24-hr deodorant can be a lifesaver.
- Cleansing wipes.
- Feminine products like tampons, pads, menstrual cups, etc.
- A shoe powder for removing the smell in your stinky shoes.
- A wide-tooth comb or a hairbrush.
- Odor balls for removing the stinky smell in your gym bag.
Reusable Water Bottle
It’s crucial to keep yourself hydrated during and after your workout sessions. So, never forget to pack a water bottle in your gym bag. Go for leakproof, BPA-free, and eco-friendly options. You can refill it from the drinking fountain on your gym premises.
Today, you can’t survive anywhere without your smart gear. This may include:
- Your smartphone
- Wireless headphones
- Smartwatch or Fitness Tracker to track your steps, heart rate, calories burnt, and fitness milestones
- Portable Charger
- Look for sports-specific music devices and accessories for a pump-up music
Don’t forget to keep activity-specific essentials in your gym bag. These may include:
- Work-out Log
- Gym Lock
- Knee wraps
- Chalk or liquid grip
- Resistance bands or exercise gloves
- Your own yoga mat
- Massage ball
Fueling yourself with carbs and protein is crucial after a robust workout. It not only helps your body refuel the energy but also gives essential nutrients to your muscles.
Last but not least, never forget to keep your key fob, wallet, membership card, and positive attitude with you before going to the gym.
By keeping the above must-have gym essentials in your gym bag, you can avoid “Oh no!” moments at the gym or during the commute toward the gym.