In the world of luggage and travel accessories, Samsonite is the name of quality, style, dependability, and innovation. Thus, to maintain its durability and brand-new appearance, we are here with some best guidelines on how to wash your Samsonite luggage!
Guide to Wash and Care Samsonite Luggage
Frequent cleaning and washing not only helps your luggage to look better but also keeps it from molds, stuck zippers, hardening wheels, bad odors, and deterioration over time. So, let’s talk about comprehensive product care for your most-loved Samsonite luggage.
Note: Most of the Samsonite luggage is water-repellent but not waterproof. So, any water damage to the product will not be welcomed under the company’s warranty policy.
Washing a Hardside Samsonite Luggage
First, start with the most popular hardside Samsonite luggage. One can wash it with a mild soapy solution by using a gentle soap and warm water. After washing, rinse it well with lukewarm water.
It is highly recommended to wax it after cleaning. You can use a silicone-based automobile or any good furniture polish for waxing purposes. This will help in preserving the luster and enhance resistance to the covering of your hard case. However, a cleaner-polish combo is not recommended.
Washing a Softside Samsonite Luggage
For washing a softside Samsonite bag, we suggest better rely on spot cleaning with a mild soap solution. You can also use a fabric spot removing spray like Spray ‘n Wash. Machine wash, tumble dry, dry clean, ironing, or bleach is not recommended for your softside travel bags, especially backpacks.
Moreover, if you want to get rid of a bad odor, then try to make this DIY mixture by mixing 1 part vinegar with 5 parts water. Remember this mixture needs leave to be aired out for 2-3 days. One can also put charcoal in the bag, close it, and leave it for a day or two. Charcoal is good to absorb bad odors.
A Handy Guide to Wash Samsonite Luggage
1. Cleaning the Exterior
- Make sure to completely empty your bag.
- Now, start to clean it with a soft microfiber cloth damped in a mild soapy solution.
- Thoroughly clean the touchpoints of your bag such as the lock, wheel handle, zipper pullers, etc.
- Rinse it well with a clean damp cloth.
- Next, wipe it out with a dry soft cloth.
2. Cleaning the Interior
Washing Removeable Interior
If your luggage has any detachable parts, let’s see how you can wash them off before attaching them again to your bag.
- First, detach the removable inner components and the lining properly.
- Give them a little shake to remove any dust.
- Remember the inner lining of your bag is machine washable. Make sure to use a mild detergent and wash it to a maximum of 30° temperature on a delicate handwash cycle.
- Make sure to air dry it completely, tumble dry is not recommended.
- For ironing, please set it on the mode that is applicable for synthetic or delicate fabrics.
Washing Fixed Interior
Clean the fixed parts of your bag by following the below instructions:
- Spot cleaning is best to clean the interior by using a soft cloth damped in a mild soapy solution.
- Make sure to avoid hard scrubbing for keeping it from discolorations and scratches.
- Rinse and wipe it with a clean soft cloth.
- Leave it to air dry completely before storing.
After proper washing and cleaning, leave your bag for drying out completely before storing it well. Because a little left moisture will lead to mildew and bad odors. You can fasten the drying process by starting it by wiping out the bag with a dry soft cloth especially paying attention to the touchpoints.
Store the luggage in airy and dry places. Avoid extreme temperature and extreme humidity as both will cause decay to your luggage in time.
While storing your Samsonite luggage in an attic or basement, make sure to open the storage frequently for proper airflow to prevent mildew and humidity. Additionally, it’s good to frequently clean your luggage or at least open them for air dry in the places where extreme temperatures and humidity prevail.
Place some silicone packs or lavender packs in the bags for avoiding bad odors, mildew, and bugs.
Tips & Tricks for Cleaning Samsonite Luggage
- While cleaning, make sure to overwet your cleaning cloth to avoid excess water getting into your bag.
- Don’t use alcohol-containing detergents/products on the luggage shell to avoid damage.
- For thorough cleaning, use some disinfectant wipes to clean the touchpoints such as the zippers, handles, locks, pulleys, etc.
- Before washing the zipped bags, make sure to open the zip until the end to avoid deforming. Because not opening the zip till the end will cause too much pressure onto the zip and eventually deform it.
Check Also: How to Wash a Duffel Bag with Wheels?