A destination wedding is always a magical event. Moreover, traveling somewhere exotic to see one of your favorite love birds tie the knot, is a wonderful experience. It is somewhat unique from usual traveling because one can take a break from the typical travel planning. The details are already given to you such as the destination, dates, places, and most activities. Only, you need to pack, wisely and show up.
Although, packing for a destination wedding may involve more stuffing than a typical travel packing list. Don’t you worry! Here, you can find our quick and ultimate packing list for a destination wedding.
Further, destination weddings are planned for a reason. Maybe one of the love birds is back from a specific beautiful town and the entire wedding event will take place there. In addition, perhaps they love a Caribbean escape, a surreal seaside retreat, a serene mountain motif, or a fancy cityscape.
Moreover, destination weddings usually start from the activities such as taking the guests for the rehearsal dinner to the day after brunch and everything in between. Guests are being welcomed with nature spikes, mouthwatering beach barbecues, ski lessons, wine tastings, dancing, and pedal pubs, etc. To pack from fancy attires to adventure activities is quite tricky. So, let’s go for this packing challenge by using our best-sorted quick packing list for a grand destination wedding experience!
Basic Tips & Tricks
- Firstly, the destination says it all:
- Heels are not so necessary if you are to hit Hawaii or the Bahamas for a summery beach wedding
- Always keep something warm with you when you celebrate winter embracing wedding in Paris
- Do add a bit of glitz, shimmer, and sparkle for a weekend affair wedding in Vegas
- Keep an extra sunscreen for a wedding under the shimmering sun of Dubai
- Moreover, regardless of the destination, one needs to pack clothing, gifts, and a special fancy outfit for the big day.
- Make your list wisely and do a dual-check
- Pack only the essentials
- Don’t skip your dancing shoes
- Packing cubes are a must, to organize and classify your gear.
- Make sure to pack in carry-on luggage because there’s nothing worse than lost your luggage a day before the main event. Carry-on bags are perfect for fuss-free Air travel. In short, to keep yourself free from high check-in luggage fees.
Check Also: Top Tips for Hand-Carry
- Pack light and travel light
- Take multipurpose clothing
- Remember the accessories
- Do a little research about the destination
- Check TSA restrictions
Moreover, always enjoy the moments of the happy occasion. Further, ask about the destination, pack wisely, and whether you are to hit the sand or snow – embrace the moments to see your favorite couple walk down the aisle!
General Quick Pack Essentials
- Travel Day: A comfy and easy outfit for the travel day
- Casual Days: Pack Multipurpose capsule wardrobe (everything should mix and match)
- 1-2 skirts, capris, jeans, or shorts
- 1-3 shirts
- 1-2 evening wears (considering the destination or the occasion)
- Party outfit – Main Day Attire
- Fancy shoes
- Fancy Face Masks
- Hair accessories
- Face masks
- Hand Sanitizer
- 1-3 pair of comfy socks
- Easy footwear for routine use
- Travel Size Toiletries
- Handbag to have keep-it-close essentials
- Gift for the love birds
- Camera (Drone recommended)
- Portable lipstick size chargers
- Power Bank
- Memory cards
Quick Pack Essentials – Overseas Destination
One should consider the destination, whether it is planned locally or abroad. Because, if it is planned overseas, you should take some extra essentials with you, for a fuss-free wedding experience – overseas.
- Travel Documents
- Passport & visas
- Travel Insurance (recommended)
- Daily meds
- Allergy meds
- First aid meds
- Medical information
- Copies of your travel documents (both in soft and hard form)
- Adapters/Power converter
- Comfy foldable travel pillow
Quick Pack Essentials – Tropical Destination
Moreover, if the couple plan to hit the tropical. Such as, walk down the aisle while embracing sand, sun, and sea. Then, you should consider the following essentials to make your balmy beach experience, a magical one.
- Flip flops
- Outdoor lightweight clothing
- Sunscreen is must
- Bug spray + Mosquito repellent
- Foldable Sun hat
- Baby powder + Body Mist
- Light Scarf or Sarong (layering)
- Malaria or diarrhea Meds
Quick Pack Essentials – Cold Destination
Further, if the wedding love birds chose snow instead of flowers then you better figure out the following to keep you sneeze-free at the occasion.
- Meds (cold + cough + flu)
- Warm hat
- Scarf or pashmina
- Comfy warm extra pair of socks
- Hand & feet warmers
- Bodywarmers (inners)
- Sunscreen is must
- Mini Vaseline (can be used as moisturizer + cracked heels + chapped lips + Makeup remover + blisters + cuts)
Comment below if you like our research and do add more to our quick packing list for a fuss-free destination wedding experience!
Check Also: What to Pack for Trip to Turkey?