Are you looking for a Day Trip Hiking Backpack with Water Bladder? Here is an extensive guide that includes our top picks for your next-day trip, which includes some excellent backpacks, and that too with a hydration pack.
We will also provide information on what to look for when purchasing a Day Trip Hiking Backpack, as well as a few tips on how to use your Day Trip Hiking Backpack properly.
5 Best Day Trip Hiking Backpacks with Water Bladder
Day trips are the best. You get to spend a little time away from work or home to explore nature. Always Remember! Travel light but keep essential hiking gear with you.
To ease your trip, we have shortlisted and discussed 5 compact hiking backpacks that are best to keep you hands-free and hydrated all day long.
Water Buffalo’s The RoadRunner Hydration Backpack – 2L Water Bladder
The Water Buffalo proudly presents “The RoadRunner” Hydration Pack Backpack which is a great choice for those looking for a Day Trip Hiking Backpack with a water bladder.
This backpack features a hydration system that is easy to access and dirt-free. In addition, a storage compartment will keep your gear dry and placed exactly where you need it.
- Splashproof 400D Nylon Ripstop material.
- Overall dimension is 15.6 x 9.1 x 2.6 inches
- Store up to 2 liters of water.
- The insulated hydration compartment keeps your water cool for approx. 5 hours.
- Leak-free & BPA-free.
- Special Oasis hydration hose that is specifically designed to keep water in and contaminants out:
- For preventing leaks and spills, it has a quick-connect port and shut-off valve that also delivers high flow if needed.
- The Shoulder clips keep it further leakproof.
- The pull/push mouthpiece is easy-to-access i.e. within your sipping distance.
- Advanced dust cover protects the bite valve from pesky dirt, grit, and bacteria.
- Additionally, the expanded storage compartment is perfect for holding your travel essentials dry.
- Ultra-lightweight material that is great for traveling light during your day trips.
- Its ergonomic back and shoulder straps are designed for comfy handling.
- The mesh design of the straps will keep your back dry.
- Chest straps further distribute the weight and control evenly.
- So comfortable, just wearing it like a breeze.
- Amazon’s #1 Best Seller in Hydration Packs.
Comparison of The RoadRunner with The Endeavor Hydration Pack
Here, we’ll give a brief comparison of Water Buffalo’s The RoadRunner Hydration Pack with the company’s other model of hydration pack which is The Endeavor hydration pack.
|The RoadRunner Hydration Pack||The Endeavor Hydration Pack|
|Water Buffalo Oasis||Insulated Inner Bladder Pocket|
|Comes in Black, Red, Navy Blue, and Light Blue colors||Come in Black, Orange, Green, and Blue colors|
|Exterior Quick Access Velcro Pocket||–|
|Adjustable Bungee Cord Straps||–|
|Push/Pull Bite Valve||Twist Bite Valve|
|5L gear Capacity||8L gear capacity|
|2 exterior pockets||5 exterior pockets|
Pros & Cons
|The hydration system is easy to access||Some users found the backpack difficult to clean|
|The storage compartment will keep your gear exactly where you need it||A few users wished the backpack was more durable|
|An expanded storage compartment is perfect for holding dry clothing, rain jackets, sunscreen, energy bars, maps, keys, phones, and wallets|
|Comes with a reflective stripe and safety whistle|
So if you’re looking for a Day Trip Hiking Backpack that can keep you hydrated, organized, and compact enough, we highly recommend you to go for the Water Buffalo’s The RoadRunner Hydration Backpack.
Osprey Hikelite 26 Hiking Backpack
The Osprey Hikelite 26 is another great Day Trip Hiking Backpack with a water bladder. This backpack features an integrated rain cover, as well as an easily accessible hydration sleeve.
Additionally, the Osprey Hikelite 26 has a variety of pockets and compartments that will keep your gear organized and within reach.
- Weight: 1.62 lbs
- Overall Dimensions: 18.9 x 10.83 x 10.83 inches
- Gear Capacity: 26 Liters
- The daypack comes with an advanced Airspeed Suspension supported by a LightWire frame.
- Pocket Organization:
- Shove-it front pocket
- Side stretch mesh pockets
- Sturdy sternum strap with safety whistle.
- There is a detachable webbing hip belt for extra comfy handling.
- Internal hydration compartment that stores up to a 3L reservoir, but can be bought separately.
- There is also a scratch-resistant secure organization pocket for your fragile items like sunglasses and electronics.
Comparison of Osprey Hikelite 26 with Osprey Hikelite 18
Here, we’ll compare Osprey’s Hikelite 26 hydration backpack with the company’s previous hydration pack model which is Hikelite 18.
|Features||Hikelite 26||Hikelite 18|
|Shove-it Front Panel Pocket |
(to carry essential travel gear)
|Weight||1.62 lbs., 0.74 kg||1.49 lbs., 0.68 kg|
Pros & Cons
|Comes with an integrated rain cover that protects your backpack and the inside gear dry in rainy weather.||It may not be suitable for longer hikes.|
|Functional and stylish||Not as many features as some of the other Day Hiking Backpacks on this list.|
|The lightweight and comfortable backpack is great for Day Hiking trips|
|The unique trekking pole attachment with its upper compression strap makes it perfect for trails, treks, and hiking.|
So if you’re looking for a Day Trip Hiking Backpack that is both functional and stylish, the Osprey Hikelite 26 is a great option.
TETON Sports Oasis 18L Hydration Pack with Free 2-Liter Water Bladder
Do you want a lightweight, compact, adjustable, comfy, and economical hydration pack backpack that is ideal for day hikers? Look no further than the TETON sports’ Oasis 18L backpack!
The hydration bladder comes with a lightweight, sturdy, and smooth sip tube. The bite valve is cushioned for easy sipping and can be used with a push-lock system. For keeping the water cool and easy clean-up, it features a 2″ opening for ice.
I personally like its Micro-Mesh pockets that can carry my extra gear conveniently and its new reflective print for added safety during hiking in low-light areas.
- 18L Overall Capacity
- 2L Hydration Capacity
- Made from 600D PU Honeycomb Ripstop material.
- Available in Onyx, Olive, Deep Teal, High Tide, Stark Red, Plum, and Burnt Orange colors.
- The weight of the unfilled backpack is 2 lbs/0.9 kg.
- The pack can be adjustable in the shoulder, chest, and waist areas.
- The waist Belt can be expanded up to 60″.
- Comfortable padded shoulder straps.
- Rain cover.
- We find it very convenient to have bungee shock cord storage for carrying our helmets, jackets, coats, or hoodies.
- Its anti-shock chest strap comes along with a safety whistle.
- Available in 2 sizes: 18L and 22L (with 3L water capacity).
We find that the new Oasis 18L Hydration pack is different from the previous model Oasis 1100 Hydration pack in terms that it comes with updated micro-mesh pockets and a rain cover for keeping your pack safe from stormy weather.
Pros & Cons
|Free Water Bladder||None|
|Lightweight and compact||Not meant for long distances|
|Adjustable and affordable|
|Comes with a rain cover and bungee shock cord hanging storage|
KUYOU Hydration Pack with 2L Hydration Bladder
From casual use in amusement parks to some adventurous hikes, this minimalistic design is perfect for any outdoor activity throughout the year.
This KUYOU Hydration Pack is perfect for day trips or short hikes! It comes with a built-in water bladder and is made from durable, lightweight materials.
- Overall dimension 10.08 x 9.84 x 3.86 inches.
- Features insulation to keep your water cool and refreshing for up to 4 hours, even on hot days.
- Super lightweight and comfortable to wear, thanks to its padded shoulder straps.
- Made from abrasion-resistant durable nylon material, so it can withstand all your adventures!
- Skin-fit design for extra comfort.
- Wide shoulder straps with holes on both sides are not only helpful for right-handed adventures but also for left-handed ones.
- Feature a reflective design for safety and visibility for hiking in foggy areas.
- 2L hydration pack, that is:
- 100% odorless and tasteless.
- BPA-free bladder
- The bladder is made from EVA material for added durability.
- The double sealing is good for making it abrasion-resistant.
- Its mouthpiece comes with an easy ON/OFF push valve to make it leakproof.
- Internal pocket for securing your little bits.
- Available in four fun colors make it a unisex hydration backpack.
KUYOU Hydration Pack with 2L Hydration Bladder is different from KUYOU Hydration Pack with 1.5L Hydration Bladder as it contains more water capacity and is available in more colors.
Pros & Cons
|Minimalistic Design Perfect for day trips or short hikes||Some people may find the leakage problem|
|Comes with a built-in water bladder||Not ideal for long hikes or overnight camping trips|
|Made from the durable, lightweight material|
If you’re looking for a day trip hiking backpack with a water bladder, the KUYOU Hydration Pack is the perfect option! It’s lightweight, minimalist, fashionable, and comfortable to wear. It comes with everything you need to stay hydrated on your hike.
CamelBak Ambush Hydration Pack with 100oz (3.0L) Mil-Spec Crux Reservoir
The CamelBak Ambush comes with a 100 oz (30L) Mil-Spec Crux reservoir, which is perfect for day trips or short hikes. The Crux delivers 25% more water per sip, with a leak-proof on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent spills.
The CamelBak Ambush Hydration Pack is also compatible with most Camelbak reservoirs, so you can choose the right size for your needs.
We personally love its external refill option so that we don’t need to remove the reservoir from the pack to refill, clean, or put ice in it.
- Overall size is 17.3 x 9.4 x 4.3 in
- Weight is 0.6 kg / 1.4 lb with a hydration capacity of 3L.
- Made from highly durable 500D Double-rip Cordura fabric material.
- BPA/BPS/BPF Free
- For keeping water cool, it comes with a fully insulated reservoir that is made using 5 mm closed-cell foam.
- There are top and bottom exterior zipped pockets for securing your quick-access travel items.
- Features dual-zipper fills cover that gives top or bottom entry points for the reservoir.
- Quick-release shoulder straps so that you can unclip it easily and put it in the built-in pocket of your back buddy.
- Adjustable sternum strap with special Hook-and-loop strap management.
- You can add or detach your name tags and unit badges swiftly with the special integrated hook-and-loop panel.
- The main compartment is roomy and has advanced Grommet drain holes at its bottom.
We didn’t find any specific difference from the company’s previous version of the hydration pack other than some pocket placement.
Pros & Cons
|Famous for its ergonomics and optimal infrared reflectivity||Not come in fresh colors, only available in army-specific colors like tan, black, and Multicam.|
|Water capacity of 3L and come with RePurpose Green sustainability label|
|Special Mil Spec CRUX™ Reservoir with Quicklink™ Hydration System|
|Comes with six D-ring points that help it to attach smoothly to any armor vest or pack with MOLLE|
|Features an external file|
In short, the CamelBak Ambush Hydration Pack is perfect for Day Trip Hiking, with a comfortable, sturdy, and breathable design.
Factors to Consider before Buying Day Trip Hiking Backpack with Water Bladder
When it comes to finding the perfect Day Trip Hiking Backpack with Water Bladder, there are a few key features to look for:
- Firstly, you want a backpack that is lightweight, has a snug-fit design, and is comfortable to wear even when loaded down with supplies.
- Secondly, you’ll want to make sure the backpack has enough water capacity and is 100% leakage-free.
- The water bladder is BPA-free and in a thermally insulated compartment.
- It’s better to have a water bladder that has an external fill option too.
- The water tube is easy-to-access and leakage-free.
- Make sure that the mouthpiece is hygienic and has a dirt-free stopper.
- It has enough compartments and pockets to store your essential items for a day trip, including a water bladder.
- And finally, you’ll want to choose a backpack that is durable and will stand up to the rigors of hiking.
With these factors in mind, you can surely end up having the best Day Trip Hiking Backpack with a Water Bladder.
Tips on How to Use your Day Trip Hiking Backpack Properly
Now that you’ve got your Day Trip Hiking Backpack with Water Bladder, it’s time to learn how to use it properly. Here are a few tips:
- Always test out your backpack before you head out on a hike, to make sure it’s comfortable, fits properly, and is 100% leakage-free.
- Pack your backpack carefully, putting heavier items near the bottom and lighter items near the top.
- Try to travel light.
- Make sure to keep the water bladder in an insulated compartment so that your water stays cool.
- Avoid sharing the mouthpiece with others for hygienic purposes.
- After a day hike, clean the water bladder properly for the next use.
- Be aware of your surroundings and what you’re carrying in your backpack so that you can be prepared for anything.
Hope to have a great time with your Day Trip Hiking Backpack with Water Bladder. Happy hiking!