Greece is a little wonderland, surrounded by the serene Mediterranean Sea and a number of fantastic islands. This Southeastern European country is known as one of the world’s best travel destinations. It has perfect weather almost round the year.
Greece welcomes travelers to explore a land where ancient blends modern, urban meets with the islands, the bluest serene waters meet the whitest exotic stones, and taste the local delicacies such as spanakopita with feta cheese, etc.
Must-dos in Greece: exploring the history of democracy in Athens, hitting the exotic islands for some sand and sun relaxation, or drinking at the Greece hippest cocktail spots. In short, Greece is bound to engage you.
So, what are you waiting for? Go, and pack by hitting our quick and ultimate packing list for the most exquisite travel destination – Greece.
Don’t forget these essentials, ever for any travel destinations:
- Wallet: Your wallet with your ID, passport, cash, and important cards. Carry an extra copy of the front page of your passport and your cards in case of loss.
- Travel Documents: Keep necessary travel documents with you also with your travel insurance and the visa documents (if applicable). Do keep a copy of them with you (both in soft and hard form).
- Medication: Not to forget the basic, allergy, daily and important medications with copies of prescriptions, generic names of medicines and also carry some extra of them.
These are the most essential items to add in quick packing list for any destination including Greece.
Clothing for Greece
Greece’s vibe is quite casual, easygoing, and laid back. Thus, pick a blend of chic and low key, light and casual, practical and travel-friendly clothing. Layers are the must-have items as you will explore from gigantic mountains to surreal seas and from urban to suburbs during your time in Greece. Sunglasses, a light blazer and scarf can pull together any outfit.
- 2-3 T-shirts or tank tops
- 1-2 sundresses or skirts
- 1 scarf or pashmina for layering
- 1-2 long sleeve top
- Choose 2-3 pair from casual pants, capris, leggings, or skirts
- 1 pair jeans
- 3-4 pairs of comfy socks
- Undergarments as per required
- 1 pair of nightsuit
- 1 light sweater or a jacket
- 1-2 swimwear
Tips & Tricks
Consider Activities while Packing: Remember, various fancy hotels, restaurants, casinos, and cruise ships make it mandatory to wear jackets for men at night and for ladies, a slightly more upscale ensemble such as shoes with straps.
Exploring Beaches and Islands: Pack non-slip water shoes to keep your toes safe from slippery corals, steep rocks, and sea rocky outcrops.
Avoid Travel Slogan wears: Don’t go for t-shirts with culturally specific slogans or symbols that scream “tourist.” This is not quite appropriate.
Modesty: When you plan to go to some cultural or religious sites, pack a scarf for layering your shoulders and wear at least knee-length bottoms out of respect.
Shoes for Greece
From walking to hiking, islands to mountains, and urban to rural, all you need durable and comfy shoes.
- One pair flip-flops
- 1 comfy durable non-slip walking shoes or sneakers
- Take 1 pair of fancy but cozy sandals for night-outs
Toiletries for Greece
Don’t pack too much of them unless you are a brand-specific person. Because you can get everything in Greece, easily. And you find basic of them from fancy hotels and airplanes.
However, it’s okay to pack a few of them in small containers, in case of emergency. And if you are going to do so, then picks the items that are multipurpose, easy to pack, and lightweight.
- Travel tissues + wipes
- 3 in 1 Shampoo+conditioner+body bath (think of dry options i.e. bars)
- travel size Toothpaste/toothbrush
- Shaving requirements
- Feminine sanitary products
- Basic Makeup
- Travel quick-dry towel
- Bug spray + Mosquito repellent
- Mini Sunscreen
- Baby powder + Body Mist
Remember to double-check the TSA 3-1-1 restrictions if you are an air-bound traveler. Pack light and travel light are always great for fuss-free travel. Pack light in reusable travel-size containers or buy them in Greece.
Check Also: How to Travel Light?
Tech/Electronic Gear for Greece
Travel and tech go together, nowadays. Pack the ones with double-duty and lightweight tech gear.
- Adapters/converters. Remember Greece uses the ‘Euro’ plug
- Lipstick size portable Charger + Power bank
- Wireless Earbuds
- Travel waterproof camera
- Tab + Bluetooth foldable keyboard
A Compact Carry-on Duffel
For frequent flyers, a compact and spacious carry-on duffel is more than anything. From keeping you safe from high check bag fees to long waiting lanes while receiving the luggage. They are compact enough to put in the overhead compartment and under the airplane seat, while, roomy enough to fulfill your tempt of stuffing.
Tips & Tricks
The packing light is almost always good.
- Take packing cubes to keep everything organized and keep yourself from digging
- Use small contact lens cases or old med bottles to hold small items like jewelry or toiletries etc.
- Roll the clothing and save a lot of space
- Laundry is always better than over-stuffing
- Pack small fragile items inside mesh bags and store them in the shoes
- Clip essentials to the outside of your bag
Check Also: How to Pack a Duffel like a Pro?
A Daypack with your Keep-it-Close Essentials
A daypack is a compact, secure, comfortable, and best bag to keep your keep-it-close routine items of travel.
Keep-it-Close Daily Essentials
- Face Mask + hand Sanitizer
- Mini first aid kit
- Travel size sunscreen + bug spray + mosquito repellent lotion
- Liquids bag but follow 3:1:1 rule from TSA restrictions
- An extra change of clothes
- Travel size tissue paper + Wet wipes
- Portable wireless earbuds
- Mints/chewing gums
- Your own Water bottle
- Sunglasses, foldable beach-hat
- Mini moisturizer
- Fuzzy socks or flip-flops
- Scarf, or sarong
- travel makeup
- Ladies sanitary products
- Don’t forget to include the above-mentioned essentials: wallet, travel docs, and medications with you in your daypack.
Check Also: 10 Essential things to put in a Purse
Quick Add for Spring in Greece
- A Rain jacket
- A rain cover for the daypack or carry-on duffel
- Dry sacs for tech gear – as an extra protective layer
- Travel foldable compact umbrella
- Close-toed shoes
- A scarf or pashmina for cool days
Quick Add for Summer in Greece
- Reusable Water bottle
- Wide-brimmed foldable hat
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Baby powder + Body Mist + Deodrant
- An extra swimsuit
- A lightweight layer or sarong
- One extra pair of flip flops or non-slip shoes
Key Tips & Tricks for Packing – Greece
- Always pack light and buy the rest locally
- Casual, lightweight, and comfortable beach attire is a must for the Islands
- Always go for comfy, sturdy, and cozy footwear
- If planning to go in peak season, book accommodations in advance and be prepared for the crowded places
- Always remember the ultimate essentials: wallet, travel documents, insurance & sunscreen
Comment below if you like our work and do add more to our quick and light packing list for Greece, the land of perfect round-the-year weather and wonder islands!
Check Also: A Quick Packing List for Turkey